Thursday, October 20, 2005

I Talk Too Much!

I talk too much. My post yesterday discussed the fact that I am supposed to be headed to Kansas City to preach tonight. It's my last flight out of the state to preach this year. And all that other high drama it wrote. And wouldn't you know it. I missed my flight this morning. My flight was scheduled to leave LAX at 6:20 AM. So I packed last night before I went to bed. And right before I fell asleep, I jumped up and set my alarm for 4:30 AM. It was 5:46 when I woke up and looked at the clock. So I got up and began to determine what should happen next. When I finally looked at my alarm; sure enough, it was set for 4:30. 4:30 PM!!!

Last week, the pastor I was preaching for in Detroit was setting what time he would pick me up to take me to the airport. I told him that the earliest possible time was better. "Over the years of my travel," I bragged, "I haven't missed any flights leaving home to preach. But I have often missed the flight going home." Actually, I have missed one flight before. But it was a scheduling mix up with the church I was preaching for. Anyway, me and my big mouth are sitting here in the airport writing this post, waiting for my connecting flight from Salt Lake City to Kansas City (You know that you're not much of a city when you have to put it in the title of your name to affirm yourself! - LOL). So here is another "I have never..." I have to take off of my mental trophy case. And the rest of them are falling fast. Maybe I should just learn to keep my mouth shut in the future.