Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Filling in for a Friend

Tomorrow night, I will have to fill in for my friend Pastor Terry Brown, who was scheduled to give the closing lecture during our first Guest Lecture Series at MSMBC. Monday night, the founding pastor of Liberty Baptist Church here in Los Angeles, Dr. Earl C. Cotton, passed away. He was a well-respected pastor here in our city. Pastor Brown is the current pastor of Liberty Church and is rightly giving his attention to caring for his grieving congregation. So I will be filling in for him tomorrow night. I will be both the host and the "guest lecturer"! That's fine with me. It will give me another opportunity to teach our congregation about evangelism-discipleship. And I will also have the opportunity to lead the congregation in prayer for the wife and family of Dr. Cotton, for Pastor Brown, and for the Liberty Church Family. Please remember them in your prayers.