Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Speaking @ San Antonio Citywide Revival 2008

I am in San Antonio. I am preaching in their citywide revival. This is the second year I have been a part of this meeting. Last year, I preached with Pastor Dennis Jones of Houston. This year, I am preaching with Dr. C.E. McLain, who pastors the Little Union Baptist Church in Shreveport. It is the church his father served. And he has been there for some seventeen years. Dr. McLain is one of the noted preachers of our country, who has had a great ministry in several cities over the years.

I heard Dr. McLain in person for the first time last night. But I have a tape of him from 1980, recorded at the L.K. Williams Institute in Dallas. He preached a message entitled, "Standard Equipment for the Ministry," from 2 Timothy 1:7. It was a powerful message that continues to ground me after all these years. So it was a joy to hear him in person last night. It was a great word from Exodus 14. He called it, "What to do When you are Trapped."

The auditorium was almost full on Monday night. But it was half empty last night. Last night was the Texas Two-Step - primary and caucus. Many people went to caucus last night and the lines were reportedly so long all over town that many were not able to make it to the worship services. Dr. McLain, a seasoned preacher, went to work without it troubling him at all.

I have three more messages to preach before I head home. Please remember me, Dr. McLain, and this citywide revival in your prayers.