Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Go Natalie, It's Your Birthday!!!


Today is my daughter's - Natalie Marie Charles -sixth birthday. Soon, Crystal will give birth to our second daughter. And my household will then official be overrun by women. But I suspect that Natalie will have no "middle child" issues to deal with. She will always be my first daughter... and first diva! Our new baby will have to establish her own identify, because Natalie is in a class by herself and is an impossible act to follow.

It is with great joy that I have the privilege, along with my wife, of shaping this little "image bearer." And I also have a front row seat to watch her ongoing and rapid development. I am very proud of Natalie. And I pray that she will continue to grow as Jesus grew - in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.

Happy Birthday, Natalie.

Your daddy loves you little girl!