Saturday, March 29, 2008

Crystal/Hailey/H.B./Natalie Update

My family is home!!!

I brought Crystal and Hailey home from the hospital this afternoon. Oh, what a feeling!

Crystal has had a long, difficult week. Every day, she would have good periods and bad periods. But she has recovered from the surgery well enough for her doctor to send her home. She will still need to get a lots of rest of the next week or two. Keep her in your prayers.

Hailey is doing fine. No problems, except for a lovesick dad who keeps fussing over her. She is beautiful. And I praise God for adding her to our family.

H.B. and Natalie are doing good. They are really excited to have their mom home from the hospital. And they are really trying to be helpful, even though it concerns them so see their mother moving around slowly. And, of course, they are in love with their new baby sister.

H.B. and Natalie have spent their spring break without their mom and dad. No complaints. No getting into trouble. I rewarded them this evening by taking them out on a date to see, "Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who." They enjoyed it. So did I. It's cool to share things from my childhood with them - even though they think everything is new.

What about me? I am glad and grateful to have my family home.

Thanks for your prayers, calls, emails, comments, messages, and gifts. We appreciate your kindness and concern for us.

God bless.