Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Notes from Sunday - 6/28/09

I am in Los Angeles.

My wife and kids have been here for several weeks, visiting family and friends. I planned to come last week for two days. However, I decided last Wednesday to stay over the weekend with my family. I am glad I did.

When my friend and brother, George Hurtt, found out I would be in town over the weekend, he invited me… No, scratch that. He insisted that I preach for him Sunday morning.

Sunday morning, it was my great privilege and signal honor to minister to the word to the Mt. Sinai Missionary Baptist Church.

I was born and raised in Los Angeles at the MSMBC. And I served as its pastor for almost eighteen years, until the last September. Most of my family and friends are here. And it was just good to worship and fellowship with them.

I preached two sermons from Philippians 1.

There are no words to explain what a blessing it is to be welcomed back to the place you have served after you have left. Of course, this says more about George Hurtt and the leadership and membership of Mt. Sinai than it does about me. But I am overwhelmed with gratitude, nonetheless.

I praise God for all that he is doing through Pastor George Hurtt and the Mt. Sinai Church family. May your dreams continue to be greater than your memories!

I really missed being in worship with the Shiloh family Sunday morning. It was my first Sunday away. And it was strange not being there. But I am glad that Lord blessed the services in my absence.

Thanks to Pastor A. Letson and Pastor M. Rodgers for their labor in ministering the word of God to the congregation.

Praise God for those who were baptized and added to the church.

Crystal and the kids will be heading home Tuesday afternoon. Pray for their safe arrival.

I will be heading home Wednesday morning. I look forward to being in worship and in my pulpit Wednesday night.

No comment.