Monday, June 08, 2009

Notes from Sunday -06/07/09

First Sundays! I love them. The celebration of the Lord’s Table and Baptism are always special times in the life of the church.

We showed a brief clip from our Make a Difference Day several months ago. And I continue to praise God for the way the Lord blessed us to be a blessing to others. May the Lord continue to use SMBC to be a lighthouse in our community and throughout the nations in these dark times. (Thanks to our media team for your work on the video.)

Members of the graduating class of Clara White Mission’s culinary school and janitorial service were present in worship with us. It was an honor to have them present. Thanks to Jacoby Pittman, president of Clara White, for choosing to worship with us.

In my New Member’s Class, I finished my lesson on how to pray effectively.

I continued my exposition of the book of Philippians with a message from Philippians 1:19-21, entitled, “True Deliverance.” My point: True deliverance is the ability to rejoice in the face of uncertain circumstances, trusting that God will work it out for your good.”

Hard work.

I plan to write a post one day on the futility of self-analysis. We really don’t know when and how the Lord is using us to be a blessing to others.

Next Sunday’s text: Philippians 1:22-26 – “On Making Difficult Decisions”

Praise God for those who were added to the church yesterday.

Hailey almost made it through 8 AM service. Almost.

The Magic need a miracle. And that’s I have to say about that.

I am ready for football season to begin.