Tuesday, May 27, 2008

When You Need To Know, You'll Know

This morning, I listened to a message by Dr. Ray Pritchard, president and primary teacher of Keep Believing Ministries, on Proverbs 3:5-6 entitled, "When You Need to Know, You'll Know." And the Lord has already begun to use this message this morning to help me stop worrying about things that I have absolutely no control of. Really, all I - or any of us - have to do is fully depend on the Lord and submit to him and trust that as we walk according to his will, he will do what needs to be done.

I am admittedly biased when it comes to Ray Pritchard. The Lord has used his writing, preaching, and kindness to me to challenge my faith, encourage my ministry, and nurture my walk with the Lord. So I would freely recommend all of his work. But this particular message on one of my favorite passages just hit the spot today. And I want to share it with you.

In the message, Pritchard gives a definition of faith that he picked up somewhere from author Phil Yancey. I know I will be meditating on this thought all week: "Faith is believing in advance that which will only make sense in reverse."

Click here to listen to the entire message.