Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Preaching in Ann Arbor

I flew home from New Orleans early Monday morning. And I spent the day with Crystal and the kids. But over the course of the day, I got sick. But there was no time to rest and recover. Tuesday morning, I had to get on a plane to Ann Arbor to preach. I took medicine Monday night. It was labeled "non-drowsy." But my body doesn't know what that means. So I ended up oversleeping. I woke up at 4:47 AM. My flight was to leave LAX at 6 AM. Yet, I made my flight and my they didn't even lose my luggage. I can't believe it.

I am in Ann Arbor, preaching at the Second Baptist Church, where Mark Lyons is the pastor. I met Mark when I was sixteen years old, when I was invited to preach at his home church in Louisville. Mark has served Second Baptist Church for five years now. And the Lord is doing a great work here. Being here is another reminder that prominence and significance don't often go hand-in-hand. That is, the person in front of the line is not necessarily the most important person in the line.