Monday, April 09, 2007

Always an Adventure

After a pretty uneventful Holy Week (which is a good thing), this week has begun with a bang. I missed my flight this morning. Before I went to bed last night, I looked at the itinerary, and read that I was leaving this morning at 8:20. I later discovered that the flight actually left at 7 and was to arrive in Phoenix at 8:20. This is a perfect illustration or either how tired I was last night or how clueless I am in general (you decide). But it gets better. I discovered my flight had already left after I checked-in, which included two pieces of luggage, and went through security, and was heading for my gate. The fact that the wonderful people at _______________ Airlines checked my bags onto a flight that had been in the air for almost 30 minutes is a perfect illustration of either how unhelpful they were this morning or how clueless they are in general (again, you decide).

So the wonderful people at _____________ Airlines graciously put me on a later flight that would get me into Oklahoma City at 10:30. But with TaVon's help (my administrative assistant), I found a flight on another airlines that is scheduled to get into OKC at exactly 7 this evening. So I'll spend more time today in airports that on airplanes, trying to make it to OKC to begin a week or preaching tonight at the Fairview Baptist Church (Pastor John Reed, Jr.). It is taking all the "Good Friday" comfort and "Resurrection Day" power I can muster to maintain a good afternoon. But I won't complain. After all, at least I got it better than my luggage. I don't know where it is or where it's headed!