Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Preaching the San Francisco Citywide Revival

I am in San Francisco, preaching their citywide revival. I started yesterday and will preach through Friday. This is my third year preaching this meeting. I am the midday speaker. The evening speaker is Dr. Nathan Johnson of the historic Tabernacle Baptist Church in Detroit. Pastor Elliot "Poison" Ivey, who serves the New Beginnings Missionary Baptist Church in the area, brought the opening message Sunday night and will close the meeting out Friday night.

The past two years I was here, I caught a cold and was sick the whole week. So far, all is well. Praise God! I have already preached two messages. And they have been well-received. Yesterday, I took the hand held microphone and began to preach. But I couldn't really hear anything. Neither could the congregation. And it never got any better. Come to find out that we had never turned it on. So I preached the whole sermon holding a microphone that wasn't even on. But I preached my heart out. And God graciously sustained me in preaching. I have three more messages to preach. Please keep this meeting in your prayers.