Saturday, March 24, 2007

The Joy of Books & Reading

I am at the airport in Salt Lake, waiting for my connecting flight to New Orleans. For the record, I hate airports. And I hate layovers. So I was not too happy about my several hour layover, when I got off the plane from San Francisco. But a bookstore in this airport has made my day. Well, not the bookstore itself. I didn't really go into it. But as I passed by, I noticed these quotes about books and reading in the window display. These quotes made my day. The happiness I felt reading these quotes is indescribable. I could personally relate to each of these statements about the joy of books and reading. I jotted them down to share. Here they are. Enjoy!

"Books may be the only true magic." - Alice Hoffman

"A book is a delight to the mind." - Anonymous

"What is reading but silent conversation?" - Walter Savage Landor

"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." - Chinese proverb

"You can taste a word." - Patricia Bailey

"Tis the good reader that makes the good book." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I am a part of all I read." - John Kieran

Amen!