Saturday, May 13, 2006

Heading Home from Grand Prairie

My last night in Grand Prairie was cool. I was quite nervous, as I sat in the service. Quite a few pastors and preachers were present to hear me preach - from one of my father's old friends to one of my new friends to a bunch a young pastors and preachers who had come to "scope me over." And I was preaching a message that I did not intend to preach. It was a bit unnerving. I have preached before a lot of of preachers before, so I really don't know why I was so nervous. Before the message, a young lady sung "I Don't Know About Tomorrow." This is one of the songs my mother taught me to sing when I was a little boy. I really didn't understand the song, when I was a boy. But as I have grown up, the song has meant much more to me, even though I have not actually sung it in years. Anyway, the deal lady ran me bad. And I had to try to catch my composure, so I could preach. The sermon seem to go okay. The crowd pushed me at points. And I started rushing at the end. But I believe it was a pretty clear presentation of the message.

I am presently at my gate in DFW Airport, awaiting my flight home. If the Lord allows me to get home safely, I plan to have a rather quiet day with my wife and kids. I am pretty much ready for tomorrow. And I look forward to being with my beloved congregation in worship and fellowship. Pray for me.