Friday, May 19, 2006

From Greensboro to LA to Dayton

By the grace of God, I made it home safely this morning from Greensboro. My final night at the Garden of Prayer Church was uplifting and encouraging. I was really blessed by my time with Pastor Keelan Atkinson and the Garden of Prayer family. I had an early flight home this morning. And when I arrived, I received the news that my wife's father had been taken into the hospital. He is in stable condition, I later discovered. But he is not doing well. Next week, Crystal will go to Midland-Odesa, Texas, to check on him. I have tried to spend as much of my day with Crystal and the kids, even though I have been half sleep most of the day. In the morning, I have a flight to Dayton, Ohio. I have three messages I am scheduled to preach for Pastor James Washington and Phillip's Temple CME Church. This will be my first time in Dayton. That always makes me especially nervous. Likewise, I will be out of my pulpit on a Sunday morning, which is not something I like to do. I am scheduled to come back home Wednesday, to preach our Midweek Worship Service. Pray for me.