Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Busy, but Blessed

This week is only two days old. But it has been a pretty busy one, nonetheless. I have a plane to catch in the morning to Grand Prarie. So I have been trying to get a lot done over the past day or so. God has been faithful. I have been pretty busy. But I am blessed. God is good. I am so grateful to God for all that he is doing in and through me during this season of my life. Even the challenges are blessing me to grow up spiritually. I praise the Lord for it all!

This past weekend was the beginning of our Financial Stewardship Emphasis Month, which is each May. Saturday was our financial stewardship seminar. It was not as well attended as we would have liked. But the material was quite helpful. We plan to do another in October, to give our members another opportunity to receive this practical help in money management. I preached a message on 1 Chronicles 29:10-19, entitled "A Godly Attitude toward Material Possessions." The message was disrupted by a dear but troubled lady who lives in our neighborhood. I tried to preach through it, but it was wrecked my message. There was a 20 minute stretch of sermon where I could not tell you what I said. I was saying whatever I memorized from my manuscript. But my mind was praying that this lady on the front row would not cause a major scene in the service. And I was praying that the church would stay focused. It was a wierd experience. But I hope that some part of the message got through. Overall, it was a great day. Sunday School was great. And our worship service was great. The Lord blessed me with wisdom and strength, even though I had a rather touch weekend.

In the morning, I will be flying to Dallas to preach in Grand Prarie for Pastor Christopher Taylor at the Morning Star Church in Grand Prarie. Christopher is a strong preacher. And Morning Star is a warm church. I have not been there in a few years. But I look forward to sharing with them again. I hope and pray that the church is still healthy and growing. Pray for my travels.