Saturday, February 25, 2006

Yesterday, Today, & Tomorrow

Yesterday. After having breakfast with Crystal, I pressed on further in my study for Sunday. I actually got done much more than I expected. Praise God! My afternoon was spent in meetings with some of my coworkers here. Last night, we worshiped with the Liberty Baptist Church here in Los Angeles. It is the first pastoral celebration of my friend, Pastor Terry L. Brown. This service was the first time preaching at Liberty Church. And it was the first time our two churches had met together there since I have been the pastor of MSMBC. So it was good to join this historic congregation in worship. I am very proud of Pastor Brown, who is originally from Houston. He is truly a man of God, for whom I have much respect. I pray that that God would richly bless him, his family, and congregation.

Today. This morning, I will meet with our Men's Fellowship at MSMBC. We have a great group of men here. But my prayer is that God would help us to be more strategic in discipling them and connecting them to the body-life of the church. This meeting is one small steps in that direction. I will teach a Bible lesson. And we will pray and fellowship together around the word. Our last meeting was both encouraging and edifying. I pray that today will be no different. After that meeting, I plan to take a very long nap. I have no specific agenda for the evening besides that.

Tomorrow. Tomorrow, we will not have Sunday School. Instead, we have planned a church-wide breakfast. I was supposed to do a mass Q&A session this Sunday. But a new member emailed me and expressed her concern about some of the challenges of building relationships in a new church. That email motivated me to use this opportunity to get us together as a church to enjoy one another's company and get to know one another better. I pray that it will be a blessing to our congregation. In our worship meeting, I plan to continue my exposition of the Ten Commandments. I am at the fourth commandment, on the Sabbath. I intend to call the message: "Making Time for God." I am pretty excited about the message. And I pray that it will challenge us to make time for God through regular private devotions and corporate worship.