Saturday, February 04, 2006

How to Study the Bible Seminar

I have just finished teaching our first Christian Life Development Seminars of the year. This is a quarterly series that I will be teaching to explain our doctrinal convictions and philosophy of ministry to our congregation over the three year period. It's our goal to cover the major areas of doctrine and special areas of ministry emphasis for our church members. Because I am most often teaching and preaching a series, there are a lot of important subjects that don't come up for quite some time in our church. Hopefully, this seminar series will be one way for us to supplement that. Today's seminar was on "How to Study the Bible." Personal Bible study is the first thing for the disciple and everything for the minister. So I taught on basic principles of inductive Bible study. I hope that it will lay the groundwork for our future sessions. And I pray that those who attended will find their time in the word to be more fruitful.