Sunday, December 20, 2009

Notes from Sunday - 12/20/09

It was a cold but beautiful day in Jacksonville and a warm day of worship at Shiloh.

As always, I am grateful for the guests who joined us in worship today.

Our choir really lifted us in worship today. I am grateful for their ministry.

I preached a message today from Philippians 4:6-7 that I entitled “God’s Answer for Your Anxiety.”

Here is God’s answer for your anxieties: Pray your worries away! Don’t worry. Pray. Turn your worries into prayers. Take everything off of your worry list and put it on your prayer list. Bring all of your worries – one by one – to God in prayer.

I was absolutely confident that this was a message for my congregation. But I think I needed the message more than anyone else.

Shiloh is such a wonderful place to preach each week. What a church!

Praise God for those who were saved and added to the church today.

Next Sunday’s message: “Practicing the Presence of God” (Philippians 4:8-9).

During lunch, Natalie said she knew why I preached so hard this morning – because I knew that I was going on vacation when I finished preaching. She may be on to something.

How ‘bout them Cowboys!?!?