Sunday, December 27, 2009

Notes from the Last Sunday in 2009

Today was the last Sunday of the 2009. God has been faithful. And it was a joy to be in worship again with the saints of Shiloh.

We only had one service today at Shiloh. We met at 9 AM. I do not know if the change of time threw some people off or whether people were out because of the holiday. Regardless, I am grateful for all of the members and guests that pressed their way to worship today.

Our young adult ensemble led the musical praise this morning under the leadership of Reginald Bass. I am grateful and encouraged by the service.

I continued my series of Philippians today with a message from Philippians 4:8-9 that I entitled, “Practicing the Presence of God.”

Praise God for those who were saved and added to the church today.

During the invitation, I began to sing, “Lord Keep Me Day By Day.” This song has been in my system for about two weeks. It has been my daily as I end the year and face 2010. Thanks Lance for resurrecting this song for me more than a year ago. Remember?

Thanks K.B. for praying for me this morning. I was desperate. The assurance of your prayers was a great encouragement.

It’s official. I have preached every Sunday in 2010. I preached away from home twice – one Sunday in Los Angeles and one in Chicago. I am have been in my own pulpit every other Sunday. This is not a good thing. I need to take period breaks to care for my own soul and keep my mind fresh. But I am humbled with gratitude for the goodness and faithfulness of the Lord in helping me to carry out my assignment.

Next Sunday’s Sermon: “Have You Learned to be Content?” (Philippians 4:10-13)

If all goes according to schedule, I should be finished with the book of Philippians at the end of January. It has been a fruitful study for me. I hope and pray that it will bear fruit in the life of SMBC to the glory of God.

May the Lord richly bless the ministry and fellowship of Shiloh Metropolitan Baptist Church in 2010!

The Dallas cowboys put the smack down on their archrivals, the Washington Redskins. We are headed in the playoffs!!!
The Jaguars were beat down today by the Patriots.

There are now no more undefeated teams in the NFL. I can’t believe that the Indianapolis Colts pulled their starters early and chose not to pursue a perfect season.