Friday, July 18, 2008

Would You Pass The Salt, Please?

God willing, I will resume my study of the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5-7) this coming Lord's Day.

On the first Sunday of July, I finished our mini-series on the beatitudes of Jesus. The next portion of Jesus' famous sermon is recorded in Matthew 5:13-16. In these verses, Jesus explains how we can maximize our impact and influence for the kingdom of heaven with two word pictures: salt and light. It is my plan to preach these two passages separately.

This Sunday, I plan to preach on Matthew 5:13: "You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people's feet" (ESV).

Pray for me. Pray for those who will hear the exposition of God's word at MSMBC this coming Sunday.