Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Speaking @ Mt. Gilead M.B.C.

I am in Wichita, Kansas. I am preaching a three-night revival at the Mt. Gilead Missionary Baptist Church, where Rev. Tarrance C. Floyd serves as pastor.

Pastor Floyd organized this church about five years ago. And this is my fifth year preaching for him. Pastor Floyd and I have become warm friends. And I am honored that he would have me back again to minister the word to the Mt. Gilead family.

Every year I come, the congregation has taken some step forward in the development of its ministry. This year is no different. The entire auditorium has been remodeled. But that's just the most obvious change. All around, there are subtle but sure signs of life and health, for which I praise God.

I made it to Wichita safely and on time this afternoon. But my suitcase apparently wanted to spend a few extra hours traveling the country. So I had to preach in my blue jeans and sneakers tonight. Pastor Floyd reminded me that clothes can't preach. I agreed. Then I warned him that clothes can mess up a sermon, though. Fortunately, that did not happen tonight. The Lord blessed the service and helped me to preach. Mt. Gilead is a warm and kind congregation. And they are eager to hear the word of God.

Please pray for the remaining two nights of this meeting that the Lord would be glorified, the church would be revived, and the lost would be saved.