Thursday, June 05, 2008

Speaking @ Mt. Calvary Baptist Church

I am in New Jersey to preach a three-night revival, which is a part of the 57th Church Anniversary for Pastor Barron O. Wilson and the Mt. Calvary Baptist Church of Jersey City. This is my second year doing this meeting. Last year, we worshiped in another part of the building, as the main auditorium was being remodeled. But the congregation was able to resume their services in their auditorium this past Sunday. So it is all the more wonderful for me to be here to celebrate this special time with Pastor Wilson and the Mt. Calvary family.

When I checked my bag in yesterday, I was informed that my flight was delayed because of air traffic issues at the Newark airport. So I sat and read. Then I checked my emails. Then I returned some phone calls. Finally, my stay-busy activities were interrupted with news... The flight was delayed again. And once we were able to board the plane, we sat on the runway for an hour before we departed.

Amazingly, the pilots were able to make up most of the time in the air. And I arrived in Newark about 7 pm. I got my bag, checked-in to the hotel, put on a tie, and went to preach.

Just another day in the "glamorous life" of a traveling preacher.

There was a specific message that was on my heart to preach last night. And as I preached it, I had the weird, reoccurring sensation that I was preaching this message to myself more than to anyone else. After the service, I listened as various people told me that the message was just for them. I was glad and grateful to hear it. But I kept thinking to myself, "It was for me, too!" It's funny how the Lord works.

Please pray for the two remaining nights of this meeting and for the Lord's continued work in the life and ministry of Pastor Wilson and the Mt. Calvary Church.