Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The ESV Study Bible Is On It's Way

I have been doing my personal Bible reading and memorization of the Bible from the English Standard Bible for about four or so years. I have been preaching and teaching from it for about three or so years. And I love it. It has the accuracy of the New American Standard Bible, the readability of the New International Version, and much of the poetry of the King James Version and/or New King James Version.

When I began using it in my public ministry, I was really just trying it out. I was not sure how it was going to be embraced - both within my congregation and in the larger Christian body. But it has established itself quite well as reliable Bible translation. And it seems that its influence is increasing. One of the ways I measure this is by the reference resources that are being developed for it (concordances, study Bibles, etc).

Naturally, I was please to find out that the ESV Study Bible is in the works and is set to be released in October, 2008. I have and regularly use the Reformation Study Bible, edited by R.C. Sproul, that is based on the ESV. But it is welcomed news to me that Crossway is publishing a study Bible for this great Bible translation. I encourage you to pick up a copy of the ESV, if you have not already. And keep an eye out for the study Bible in the Fall.

Click ESV Study Bible for more information.

By the way, I have some links to Bible study resources in the right panel. But if you know of any other helpful sites with Bible resources, please share them with us.