Thursday, October 11, 2007

Speaking @ Oakland Avenue

I am in Detroit preaching for Pastor Larry Walker and the Oakland Avenue Baptist Church. This is the third year I have done this meeting, so I think I know what to expect from them and they know what to expect from me. That always makes preaching a little bit easier. Again, for the third year, I am partnered with Dr. William Burwell, who lives and serves in Palm Springs California. Dr. B. is an itinerant preacher and Bible teacher, who travels the country speaking at churches and conferences. So each night Oakland Avenue takes Dr. B.'s best shot, then they take my best shot. I have never heard Pastor Walker preach. But the Lord has certainly used him to develop a congregation that appreciates the word of God. We got off to a good start last night, and have two more nights to go. Please remember this meeting in your prayers.