Saturday, October 06, 2007

Ray Pritchard @ MSMBMC


Dr. Ray Pritchard, president and featured speaker of Keep Believing Ministries, is our guest at Mt. Sinai this weekend. This morning, Dr. Pritchard, led a conference in which he gave us practical tips for regular biblical preaching. There were only a few people present – MSMBC associate pastors and one local pastor. And I was a little disappointed that more brothers didn’t take advantage of this opportunity to meet Dr. Pritchard. But I understand how busy pastors are – especially on Saturdays! And so we had a small, intimate setting in which we were able to learn from Dr. Pritchard and interact with him. And it was a great experience. Personally, I was greatly helped, challenged, and encouraged by the session. And I hope and pray that the Lord will help me to implement the key things I need to learn in order to become a better preacher.

If the Lord spares us, Dr. Pritchard will preach our two morning services tomorrow. And I look forward to a rich time of worship and the opportunity to sit under Dr. Pritchard’s preaching. I was introduced to Dr. Pritchard through his writings. I found out this weekend that Dr. Pritchard has written some 29 books over the past 13 or so years. And virtually all of his writing has developed from his preaching ministry. Wow! Dr. Pritchard served the Calvary Memorial Church in Oak Park, Illinois, for 17 years. And it was during his ministry there that I was able to both read his sermon manuscripts and listen to archived audio/video messages that were posted on the Calvary Memorial website. I also began reading Pritchard’s weblog during this time. And these ministries had a profound effect on me. Most obviously, I started a blog and started posting my sermons online by the influence of Pritchard’s example. So, in many ways, Pritchard has mentored me from afar. And it has been a joy to actually meet him. And I look forward to worshiping with him at MSMBC in the morning.

Please remember our Sunday services in your prayers. And please remember Dr. Ray Pritchard’s family and ministry in your prayers. I believe that Ray Pritchard is one of the great, important preaching voices of our day. And I pray that the Lord will further Pritchard’s influence and fruitfulness in the coming years – to the glory of God.