Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Adding Knowledge

I am teaching a new series on Tuesday nights. (Have I mentioned yet that our midweek service moved to Tuesday nights?) I am calling it, "Saved for Sure." And it is based on 2 Peter 1:5-7. In 2 Peter 1:3-11, Peter exhorts his readers to make their call and election sure. And in verses 5-7, Peter gives seven spiritual qualities that you should add to or supplement your faith with for assurance, growth, stability, and fruitfulness in your Christian experience. After several weeks of introduction, I have plunged into the seven qualities. We studied "virtue" last week. And last night we studied what it means to add "knowledge" to your faith (verses 5-6). I thought it was good work, and was really excited about teaching it. I trust that the congregation found the study beneficial.

Next Tuesday - God willing - we will study what it means to supplement your faith with "self-control." Please remember this series in your prayers.