Thursday, February 22, 2007

Stay in the Race

Thanks for praying for our Wednesday in the Word Revival meeting last night. Our guest speaker was Dr. Ralph Douglas West of The Church Without Walls in Houston. He preached last night from the classic passage in Hebrews 12:1-2, which calls the believer to run the race of faith with determination, without impediments, and with focus on Christ alone. It was a rich, timely, and powerful message that I trust was edifying for the congregation.

I cannot begin to describe the great blessings Ralph West’s visit was to me personally. I believe that the Lord sent him to Los Angeles just for me. As much as I was richly blessed by the message West preached, our personal time of renewed fellowship was even better. I was able to glean from his pastoral wisdom and be the recipient of his encouragement. It was just what I needed when I needed it. I have been truly challenged and encouraged to run on to the completion of the goal that God has for my life, faith, and ministry.