Monday, February 12, 2007

Series Stuff

Yesterday, I finished the six-part Sunday series I have been preaching, entitled, "Resolved! Taking Advantage of a New Beginning." These weeks (Doesn't time seem to just fly by!) have been an enriching study for me. However, I must admit that I really didn't expect the messages to be so hard. When we selected the passages and themes, it all seemed to fit together so smoothly. But I don't think I really considered how challenging passages would be. For instance, yesterday's text, Luke 17:1-10, was really stern. I don't mind this. But I just didn't expect it. I have been confronted and convicted quite a bit over these weeks. I think the same could also be said of the congregation that heard these messages. May God be please to bring much fruit from this study.

Likewise, I finished my series on Psalm 119 at the end of January. I preached 22 messages from the 176 verses of this "Mt. Everest of the Psalms." This was one of he most personally enriching series I have ever done. And it really stretched me as a preacher. I plan to do more work with these messages in the days to come.

This Sunday, I plan to begin a two-part series that I am calling, "God Answers Prayer!" The two messages will be on the parables about prayer that Jesus gives in Luke 11 and 18. Between these two messages, we are planning a week long emphasis on prayer for the church. Please pray for this work.

Hey! I almost forgot. Yesterday was my 34th birthday. Happy birthday to me!!!