Thursday, March 23, 2006

Strength for a Long Day

Please pray for me today. I am preaching in the citywide revival in San Francisco. I am the day speaker. The evening speaker is Dr. Marvin E. Wiley of the great Rock of Ages Baptist Church in Maywood, Illinois. There was a schedule conflict. And Dr. Wiley had to leave this morning to make it to another meeting. So I will be preaching both the day and evening session today. I have been struggling with voice/throat problems all week long. Last year, I caught a really bad cold here. This time, my voice has just left me. I don't know if I am allergic to San Francisco, or what. But please pray for me today that the Lord will give me both physical strength and spiritual empowerment to preach today. Pray for Dr. Marvin Wiley's travel today to his next preaching assignment. And pray that God will be glorified, the lost will be saved, and the saints will be edified in the worship meetings today.