Friday, March 24, 2006

Heading Home from San Francisco

Thanks for your prayers. The Lord blessed me to preach both messages yesterday. And he sustained me both physically and spiritually. The host pastors and attending church members were very prayerful, kind, and encouraging. I am very grateful for the privilege of participating in this meeting. I recognize these men could have asked anyone to come to their city to preach to their congregations. I am thankful that the Lord placed me on their hearts and led them to extend this invitation to me for the second time. The citywide meeting officially ends tonight, with a youth emphasis service. I do not know the pastor who will bring the closing message tonight. But I am heading home in a couple of hours. I usually only preach three-day meetings. So these four days feel like an eternity to me. I an looking for to getting home to see my wife and kids. I don't have any meetings today. So, if the Lord allows me to get home safely, I intend to hang out with my family today, before I get ready for another long weekend. Tony Bennett famously left his heart in San Francisco. Oh, well. My heart is with my wife, children, and congregation in Los Angeles. May the Lord bless me to get to them safely.