Wednesday, November 02, 2005

My First Real Car Accident

I just had my first real car accident tonight. It was at a gas station. It was with a pole! (Feel free to insert your own exclamation at this point). I was on my way home from work. And I had no gas in my tank. I stopped at the gas station to fill up. And when leaving, I tried to exit on the busy side of the street. After a moment, I determined this was not the safe thing to do. So I decide to go out the other exit. And as I am backing up, bang!!! I hit something behind me. I got out to see the pole that I hit and the back of my car damaged pretty bad. Thank God I wasn't hurt and no one else was involved. I pulled out of the lot, turned down a side street, cut the car off and begin to cry. I am not sure why I was crying. Or, maybe I am. I was (am) embarrassed. I was (am) more than a little rattled by what had just happened. And, unfortunately, I had just found the wrong way to end a very tough day.

I called my wife, Crystal. And she held the phone while I drove home. She has now gone back to bed. I am sitting at the kitchen table typing this post. I am totally drained. But now I am too... something... to go to lay down. I don't know what to say. I am tired. I am embarrassed. I don't have a good excuse or explanation for what just happened. There it is. I don't think there's a real point to this post. I am still in shock that I just had a car accident with a pole in a gas station. I'm shocked. I need to pray.