Monday, December 19, 2011

Notes from Sunday - 12/18/11

Happy Birthday Crystal!

I am not good at surprises. But I did a pretty good job this weekend. I sent from my niece Harriette, who is very close to Crystal, to visit for the weekend while I am away. I think it is the best birthday gift I have ever given Crystal.

I am writing this post from Chicago.

I filled in this Sunday for my friend, Romell Williams, at the Lilydale Progressive Baptist Church, as he is recovering from surgery.

Romell has bailed me out on many occasions. It was a privilege to return the favor.

Romell and his family mean so much to me that I not only left my pulpit on a Sunday morning, but I was also away on my wife’s birthday. This is an indication of what the Williams family means to the Charles family.

I am a better friend to Romell than he is to me. He preached for me last month. And I brought him from the cold of Chicago to the warmth of Jacksonville. But to preach for him I had to leave the warmth of Jacksonville to come to a snowstorm in Chicago!

It was a great day of worship and fellowship!

I preached to messages from the Psalms that I have recently preached at Shiloh. I love the Psalms!

I have been battling a cold all week. I felt the best Sunday than I have all week. Credit prayer, rest, and Dayquil.

I really missed being with at Shiloh today.

I received good reports of how the Lord used West Wilson and Donald Lewis to minister the word today. Praise God.

Praise God for those who were saved and added to the church today.

I am looking forward to preaching Christmas morning, God willing.

Did you know that the Dallas Cowboys whipped up on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Saturday night?

I missed a really good boxing match Saturday night. Can’t wait to see the replay.

Was the Lord with Tim Tebow Sunday?

The Indianapolis Colts finally won a game. And then announced that Peyton Manning will not play this season.

I can’t tell you how glad I am that the Green Bay Packers lost this weekend.

I think I am beginning to get excited about the upcoming NBA season. Go Heat!

Breaking News: This season, I will also be cheering for the Los Angeles… Clippers!!!