Sunday, December 11, 2011

notes from Sunday - 12/11/11

Great day of worship at Shiloh today.

Grateful for all the guests who were in worship with us today.

As usual, our children choir did a great job singing in worship today.

Praise God for those who were baptized today.

I had the opportunity to chat with several new members today. Very encouraging testimonies.

I preached from Psalm 3. I called the message, “It’s Not As Bad As It Seems.”

The point of the message: Things are never as bad as they seem, if God is on your side.

Outline:

I. Bring your complaints to the Lord (3:1-2).
A. He told the Lord about what his enemies were doing (v. 1)
B. He told the Lord about what his enemies were saying (v. 2)
II. Place your confidence in the Lord (3:3-6).
A. Confidence in who the Lord is (vv. 3)
B. Confidence in what the Lord has done (vv. 4-6)
III. Give your conflict to the Lord (3:7-8).
A. God will fight your battle (v. 7)
B. God will give you the victory (v. 8)

I have had a great time preaching from the Psalms over the past several weeks. I plan to preach one more sermon from the Psalms in our Midweek Worship Service this Wednesday evening.

Praise God for those who were added to the church today.

I enjoyed the fellowship with one of our districts after church today.

I planned to go to Jaguars game today. I but I was too tired to go. I do not regret going home and getting in the bed!

The Jags whipped the Bucs today 41-14.

I had the privilege of speaking at the chapel for the Bucs on Saturday evening. But it apparently did not help them today. I am now 4-1 for the season.

What can you say about Tim Tebow. 7-1. That’s what you say.

As I write this, the Cowboys are playing the Giants. The score is close at the end of the 3rd quarter. But I am trusting the Cowboys will pull it out.