Sunday, October 30, 2011

Notes from Sunday - 10/30/11

Today was a good day of worship at the Shiloh Church.

5th Sundays are like a box of chocolates…

I led a questions and answers session with my New Members Class today. They had some provocative questions.

Thanks to all of our volunteers. You make it happen!

Today is Reformation Sunday. We introduced it with a brief video clip about Martin Luther and the 16th century Protestant Reformation. Wish we could have just shown the whole video!

We sang, “A Mighty Fortress is Our God.” It was a new hymn to many. But it was great to hear the voices of the saints lifted in praise to God.

We featured the local work of One Church, One Child is our services today. The representative left with a page of names of interested persons and families. May the Lord grant that families in our church will take on the great step of adoption.

Our Fighter Verse(s) this week was Proverbs 3:5-7. I memorized verses 5-6.

Our Women’s Chorus led the special music today. Sis. Letson led a song entitled “Safety.” It was wonderful.

I preached from Job 1:20-22: “The Test of True Worship.”

I endeavored to make three points about true worship from the text:

1. True worship is a choice (v. 20).
2. True worship is the result of an eternal perspective on life (v. 21).
3. True worship requires stubborn faith (v. 22).

I planned to preach something else today. But beggars can’t be choosers.

I am glad I preached what I was lead to preach.

Praise God for those who were added to the church today.

I met a new member that joined our church today as a result of the witness of one of our men. Very encouraging.

After church, I drove to Orlando with Crystal to pick up the kids who spent the weekend with the Washington family.

I drove back. I got my second speeding ticket in two weeks. I repent. (Can I repent and blame Crystal at the same time?)

I could not find my driver’s license. I found it when I got home… in my pocket!!!

The USC Trojans lost in a thriller to Stanford Saturday night.

The Jaguars lost to the Texans 14-24. We are not 2-5 for the season.
The Cowboys are presently losing to the Eagles 0-21. I probably will be sleep by the time this game is over. But this does not look good.

I am heading to Pensacola Monday morning to preach their citywide revival. Please remember this meeting in your prayers.