Thursday, April 08, 2010

Heading Home from the Biblical Exposition Conference of Chicago

I preached my final sermon this morning at the Biblical Exposition Conference of Chicago this morning. This has been a great week of worship, study, and fellowship. And it has been a joy to minister to the word of God to this eager minds and hearts this week.

I really do believe that pastors, Sunday school teachers, and counselors are on the front line of Christian ministry. They are the unsung heroes of the church. I praise God for the opportunity to minister to them this week.

The meeting ends this evening with a closing service. Pray God's blessings for this final time together and for all the delegates who will be heading home in the morning.

Most years I have been in Oklahoma City the week after Easter. I have had the privilege of speaking for Dr. John Reed, Jr. at the Fairview Baptist Church.

Because of the schedule conflict, I was not able to attend this year. But Fairview and OKC are on my mind this week. I am praying that the Lord will send revival to and through the OKC churches through this unique week of spiritual renewal.