Monday, January 26, 2009

Notes from Sunday - 1/25/09

Yesterday was our first Ministry Emphasis Day at Shiloh Church. I had bee preaching on fellowship and service the past few weeks. And we encouraged the members to sign-up for a place of service yesterday. Good day.

I spent my third week on the second lesson of our new members class series: The Doctrine of Salvation. I really enjoy teaching this class. The time is very limited. And I am always in a rush. But it is a great joy to spend this time with new believers and new members of SMBC.

Our youth choir participated in our 10 AM worship service yesterday. I am always greatly encouraged when our young people serve in our corporate assemblies.

I preached on 2 Corinthians 4:7 - "God Uses Weak People." This is one of the most important things I can teach anyone about Christian ministry and service. God does not use us because of how special we are. Rather, God uses weak people so that he alone will get the credit for what he does in and through us.

The preacher who preached on God using weak people yesterday carried the burden of his own weakness as he preached. Divine irony. May the Lord work through and beyond the weakness of his servant.

Praise God for those who were added to the church on yesterday.

After the 10 AM service, many members hung around and browsed the tables to learn more about the various ministries of our church. And as I passed the tables, I saw that many people were signing up for service. To God be the glory!

I met quite of few Shiloh members for the first time after the services. I don't know why I assume that I have met most of the members already. So I was a little surprised. But I am so grateful to have the opportunity to fellowship with the members and hear how God is at work in their lives.

Thank you to all of our staff, ministry leaders and team members who worked diligently to make our first ministry expo a special day. I love you and thank for for your faithful service. Hebrews 6:10.