Thursday, July 26, 2007

Speaking @ Mt. Gilead

I am in Wichita, Kansas. Last night, I preached the first of three nights for Pastor Terrance C. Floyd and the Mt. Gilead Missionary Baptist Church. This is a rather unique meeting for me, in that this is the fifth year in a row I have preached for this congregation, which is only five years old. I was their first evangelist. And I have had the privilege of preaching for them each year, watching the Lord continue to develop this young congregation more and more each year. It is also great to see how the Lord has been developing Pastor Floyd over these years - both as a pastor of God's people and a preacher of God's word.

I am glad and grateful to be here. The Lord blessed the opening night of the meeting. And I trust that the Lord will bless these two remaining nights. Pray for us.