Sunday, June 24, 2007

Speaking @ Concord Dallas

Crystal and I are in Dallas. And it’s already a great trip, because Crystal is here with me. She does not (want to and/or get to) travel with me often. So it's really cool to be "on the road" with my wife.

We are here to join in the celebration of the 32nd anniversary celebration for Pastor Bryan Carter and the Concord Baptist Church. Concord Church was organized by the late Dr. E.K. Bailey - one of my "homiletical heroes." Pastor Carter has served as senior-pastor of Concord since Dr. Bailey’s death in. And the Lord is continuing to bless this great church through Pastor Carter’s ministry. I am honored to have been invited by Pastor Carter to share in this celebration.

I am scheduled to preach the 8 AM service; Pastor Rudolph McKissick Jr., of the Bethel Baptist Institutional Church, is scheduled to preach the 11 AM service. Please pray God’s blessings for these meetings here. And please cover the meetings at MSMBC in your prayers as well, as my associates John Scroggins and Charles Charthern preach the word in my absence.