Friday, August 25, 2006

Update from Vallejo

I preached my second sermon in the Vallejo citywide revival last night. It was the fifth night of meeting. But the congregation was warm attentive, and receptive. I still don't think I was at my best. In fact, I struggled about what to preach all afternoon. I wasn't even sure what I would preach until I sat down in the worship service. But the Lord helped me to preach. I am convinced that I said what he wanted me to say. May the Lord give the increase. Today, Crystal and I are going to take the kids to a local amusement park, Six Flags Marine World. Of course, after we finish our day, I have one more sermon to preach. So it should be a pretty long day. But I am looking forward to it. I am really glad to have my family with me this week. We have had a good time together. And President Allen Douglas and the local pastors have been extremely kind to us. They have made this a special week for us. Pray for our final night here.