Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Citywide Revival in Corpus Christi

I am in Corpus Christi, preaching a "citywide" meeting for three nights. I was originally invited by Pastor Kevin Pullum and the Friendship Baptist Church. And he graciously expanded his plans to include other local congregations. The meeting is now taking place at St. John Baptist Church, which is led by Pastor Derrick Reaves. The meeting opened well last night. I like preaching in Corpus. And I enjoy being around all the pastors that I have met here over the years. And so I really had a good time in worship with them last night. And the fellowship with the pastors has been encouraging. I was really impressed with how well-planned and organized the service was last night, with it being planned on short notice. The churches really did come together and work together with great unity. I was very encouraging to see it cooperation among churches. Believe me, it doesn't happen that way everywhere. I have two more messages to preach and I will be on my way home. Please keep this meeting and the pastors and congregations of this community in your prayers.