Sunday, July 11, 2010

Notes from Sunday - 07/11/10

Praise God for a blessed day of worship at the Shiloh Church today!

I am grateful for all of our guests in worship today.

I have been away from home preaching all week. It was great to be home to worship with and minister to my own congregation this morning.

The musical praise was exceptional today. I am grateful for our music team. Thanks for your service today.

I rejoice with all who were baptized today to express their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. It is very encouraging to be a witness to this important step of faith today.

It was tough preaching today after being at a preaching conference all week long. I have been reminded this week of how far I have to go as a preacher. May the Lord help me to continue to grow as a Christian and pastor-teacher.

Today I continued my series on the Ten Commandments with a message on Exodus 20:16 entitled, “Tell The Truth.” I argued that God commands us to be people of truth who (1) tell the truth about God, (2) tell the truth about ourselves, and (3) tell the truth about God.

A little boy came up to me after church and told me what he learned from the message today, “Do not lie!” I think he was listening.

God willing, I will conclude this series with a message on Exodus 20:17 entitled, “Overcoming Covetousness.”

Praise God for all who were saved and added to the church in our services today.

A big “shout out” to our security team for the service today. Thanks guys!

I received the news this evening that Dr. WIllie Smith, pastor of Calvary Baptist Church in San Diego, went home to be with the Lord Saturday. Please remember his family and congregation in your prayers.

I also received news that Walter Hawkins passed away today. Please remember his family and congregation in your prayers.