Sunday, June 27, 2010

Notes from Sunday - 6/27/10

What a joy it was to be in worship with the Shiloh Church family and to minister the word of God to them today.

By the way…

I had the privilege of preaching at the National Baptist Congress of Christian Education this past Tuesday in Houston. It was my first time attending the congress. I appreciate the privilege of preaching the word to this assembly.

Wednesday, I preach in Dallas for Pastor Brian Carter and the Concord Church as they celebrated their 35th anniversary.

I returned to Houston to hear President George Waddles’ address to the congress.

I also got to hear Dr. Jerry Black from Atlanta preach for the first time in a very last time. It was very encouraging.

I made it home Saturday afternoon. Hung out with the family. Prepared for Sunday.

Thank you to all of our volunteers. You make it happen!

I led our parent-child dedication for the first time today. It was a joy and privilege to lead the church in this important act of devotion.

Praise God for the one who was baptized today.

I am grateful for all of our guests in worship today, including our special guests - the Jean Ribault High School (not the William M. Raines) graduating class of 1985.

Two weeks in a row.

I continued my study of the Ten Commandments today with a message on Exodus 20:14 entitled, “Keeping Pleasure in its Place.”

I was supposed to preach this three weeks ago, but changed in the last minute. The next Sunday was Youth Sunday. And last Sunday was Father’s Day. So I am just getting to it today. Better late than never!

During lunch, H.B. told me to stop “double-looking” at his mother. Later, he asked me if my wife was my sister. At least he was listening to the sermon.

Next Sunday’s sermon: “How Did You Get That?” (Exodus 20:15)

Praise God for those who were added to the church today.

Thanks Mae for learning the tag to that song so quickly for me.

I enjoy baseball. But I am ready for football to begin. Go Cowboys!

Hung out with the kids this evening. Caught a movie. Good times.