Friday, October 09, 2009

Two Special Days with the Master's College and Seminary Family

This past Monday and Tuesday, I had the rare and special opportunity to speak in the chapel services at The Master's College and the Master's Seminary in Southern California.

I was invited to speak at the Master's College last year. But my move to Jacksonville forced me to cancel the engagement. And I concluded that it was a once in a lifetime opportunity that I would never have again. But I was graciously extended another invitation to come. And I was extremely grateful.

Monday, I spoke in the chapel service at the college. It was the beginning of their Outreach Week. It was a moving time of worship. And I was grateful to have such an attentive group of young people to minister to.

Later that afternoon, I taught a freshman class that was opened to the student body. We discussed biblical evangelism and practical strategies for sharing your faith. After a brief devotional like talk, we spent most of our time in questions and answers. I really enjoyed the passion of the young people to reach lost people with the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Later Monday evening, I had the opportunity to speak at the chapel service of the Los Angeles Bible Training School. It was the fourth or fifth time I have spoke at the training school. So we are pretty familiar with one another. Likewise, there were some Mt. Sinai members present, who attend the school. Pastor George Hurtt teaches there. He is presently teaching Philippians. It was a great time of worship.

Tuesday morning, I spoke at the Master's Seminary. I was privileged to attend the seminary for a period. And the ministry of John MacArthur and the wisdom of the faculty has have a tremendous impact on my life and ministry. It was an unspeakable honor to have the opportunity to minister to the young men who are preparing themselves for pastoral ministry.

I pray that God will be pleased to use the messages to be a spiritual benefit to those who heard them in the days and years to come.

Tuesday afternoon, I sat in on a class at the WHW Expository Preaching Conference. Tuesday evening, George and I attended the annual banquet. And I had the opportunity to hear Dr. A. Louis Patterson Jr, pastor of the Mt. Corinth Church in Houston. Dr. Patterson is one of my heroes. And it is always a joy to hear him minister the word.

Tuesday night, I caught a red-eye home. And Wednesday evening, I was back in my own pulpit. There's no place like home! The Lord blessed our time together, as we continued our study of the Great Commission. I preached on "A Conspiracy of Kindness" from Matthew 5:7.

Thank you for your prayers during this busy week of preaching and teaching.