Friday, January 18, 2008

Introducing "My Terryfic World"


Last October, I had the privilege of ministering several days at the Antioch Baptist Church in Omaha, where Dr. Reginald Terry is the pastor. During my stay, Pastor Terry told me about and let me read an article on preaching that he had recently written. As he discussed the options he had considered for publishing his article, I noticed that there was an option he had not considered or mentioned – starting his own weblog. So I recommended that he start a blog in which he could begin writing and publishing his work for a larger audience.

Pastor Terry responded to my recommendation by agreeing to think about it. Apparently, he thought about it. Favorably. The result is Pastor Terry’s new blog – My Terryfic World. I strongly doubt that my promptings are directly responsible for launching Pastor Terry into the blogsophere. But to whatever extend my subtle coaxing contributed to his decision to publish his work, I feel very gratified. Pastor Reginald Terry is a great preacher. He has a sharp mind. And he should be writing. I hope the thoughtful articles he posts in his new blog are just the beginning of a fruitful writing ministry for Reginald Terry. So I am glad to commend My Terryfic World to you. Read it and enjoy.