Thursday, September 14, 2006

Falling in Love with God's Word

Thanks for praying for me as I finished my preparation for our Midweek Service yesterday. I was finally able to organize my thoughts for preaching, and type them out. The Lord helped me to write myself clear. And the Lord was with me as I preached the message to the congregation. Here is the sermon skeleton:

Title: “Falling in Love with God’s Word

Text: Psalm 119:97-104

Theme: The wisdom and walk of one who loves the word of God.

Point: To know the word of God is to love the word of God.

Transitional Sentence: In verses 98-104, the psalmist gives three major reasons why you ought to intentionally fall in love with the word of God.

Outline:

I. The word of God will make you wise (119:98-100).

A. It will give you more wisdom than your enemies (v. 98).

B. It will give you more wisdom than your teachers (v. 99).

C. It will give you more wisdom than your elders (v. 100).

II. The word of God will keep you from sin (119:101-102).

A. It will keep you off of the wrong path of life (v. 101).

B. It will keep you on the right path of life (v. 102).

III. The word of God will give you joy (119:103-104).

A. It will give you a holy appetite for scripture (v. 103).

B. It will give you a holy aversion to sin (v. 104).