Monday, September 19, 2005

I'm Feeling Much Better

I took ill last week. My wife rushed me to the ER and they ran various tests on me. But all they could determine is that I am a busy, out-of-shape, workaholic pastor. And I don't think they've produced any medication for that yet. I also saw my own physician last week, who doesn't think there is anything life-threatening wrong with me. But further tests are being scheduled for this week. But I am feeling much better. I was able to go to church Friday evening and Sunday. And I am in the office today. I am dong well, praise God. Thanks for the cards, phone class, and emails. And thanks for your prayers. Don't stop praying!!!

As I mentioned, I was able to attend church this past Friday night. It was the last night of our church “revival” services. Pastor John Adolph of the Antioch Baptist Church in Beaumont (TX) was our guest speaker. His message was timely, challenging, and encouraging. Sunday, Paul Felix, president of the Los Angeles Bible Training School and professor at The Master’s Seminary was our guest speaker during our morning service. His exposition of 1 Thessalonians 1 was stellar. But even more important was the spiritual impact of the message. That will be a message that this congregation wrestles with and strives to live up in the days to come. Also, Carl Hargrove, pastor of the Westside Bible Church and profess at The Master’s Seminary was with us. He introduced our church to Roderick Davis of T.E.A.R.S. Ministries, who challenged our church to be an obedient goers and zealous senders in the great work of foreign missions. It was a helpful call to service for our church to hear during the celebration of our 63rd church anniversary. During our afternoon service, Pastor Sherman Gordon and the New Philadelphia Church were our special guests. Pastor Gordon issued a call to prayer that was a great climax to the week of services and a great kick-off for our all-night prayer meeting that will take place at the end of this week.

Praise God that the celebration of our 63rd church anniversary really was a time of revival that causes us to continue to embrace dreams that our even greater than our memories!